It’s time to stop thinking about dieting and start thinking about eating right. It’s about eating real food that nourishes the mind and body, and really helps you function at peak efficiency. This is called CLEAN EATING.
Clean eating focuses on developing consistent healthy habits that enable you to retrain your taste buds to appreciate real food while eliminating highly processed foods that are comprised of sugar, trains fats and chemicals.
Making Better Choices:
1. Eat more foods in their natural state: unsalted nuts, grass-fed and free-range meats, organic fruits and vegetables.
2. Think outside the box: elimninate foods that come from a box – they are mostly processed! The closer the food is to its original form, the healthier it is.
3. Read the labels: simply, the heathlier the food the fewer the ingredients. If you cannot pronounce the ingredient you shouldn’t be eating it.
4. Get to know the enemy: the list below all negatively impact our bodies by affecting cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, and trigger a whole host of inflammatory responses.
– Trans fats – raises bad (LDL) cholesterol and lowers good (HDL) cholesterol increasing risk for heart attack an stroke.
– Food coloring and synthetic food dyes: linked to tumor development
– Artifical sweeteners: promotes leaky guy syndrome and insulin resistance.
– High-fructose corn syrup: glucouse intolerance and insulin resistance.
– Nitrites and nitrates: been associated with ovarian and kidney cancers.
5. Eat Smarter:
– Eat more organic foods: butter, full fat yogurt ( natural probiotics), grass- fed and free-range meats.
– Almond or Rice milk ( if lactose intolerant)
– Wild fish
– Raw nuts and seeds
– Organic Eggs
– Coconut oil.
– Garlic powder
– Chia seeds
– Fermented foods ( miso, sauerkraut, kimchi)
– Seasonal organic vegetables and fruits ( asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, blue and purple berries)
– Sprouted grain bread ( if you eat bread)
POWER FOODS: That reduce inflammation, hypertension, and packed with vitamins and minerals.
– Dark cherries
– Dark leafy greens
Nutrient- dense spices: Reduce inflammation, strengthen immune system, improve glucouse tolerance, reduce risk of onset of Alzheimer’s and boost cognitive function.
– Crushed red pepper flakes